Every time you hit the road on your motorcycle, you risk the experience of being in a motorcycle accident. The injuries related to motorcycle accidents are generally more severe than automobile accidents, so motorcycle riders need to be more attentive to the road. Although mindfulness of the road does help avoid some types of motorcycle accidents, the negligence of another person can cause an accident to even the most attentive riders. The best you can do as a motorcycle rider is to prepare yourself for the most common types of motorcycle accidents. Here is a list of the top 5 most common types of motorcycle accidents and how to avoid them:
- A Car Turning Left: The best way to avoid this is by looking at the signs. Being aware of your surroundings, and making sure that you are not in someone’s blind spot.
- A Car Switches to the Lane You Are Driving In: The best way to avoid this accident is by slowing down if the car moving into your lane has their directional light flashing. If they are switching slowly, make sure that you get out of their way as safely as possible.
- The Motorcycle is hit from Behind: The best way to avoid this kind of collision is to step towards the outside of your lane, if you stop towards the right of your lane, you will be giving more space for the car behind you to stop.
- Abruptly Locking the Front Brake: Practice with your brake if you are not used to it. The more you practice, the better your chances are of not getting into an accident.
- The Environment of the Road: To avoid this incident, if you are on the road when dangerous weather begins, stay off of the road for as long as possible. Avoid reverting to an abrupt stop when better options are available.
If you or a loved one has been involved in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another person and has suffered injuries, call Guldjian today for a free consultation. We accept motorcycle accident cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that there will be no cost to you, unless we recover compensation. Let us help you and your loved ones get through this difficult time. Our attorneys at Guldjian will aggressively fight for you until justice is served, whether it is through a settlement or a trial. Our dedicated and caring team of personal injury lawyers will be available to you 24/7. Call us at 888.546.5315 for a free consultation.